Click on the links below to enjoy the free introductory saxophone lessons. A saxophone fingering chart, sax assembly video, instructions on holding sax, making sounds, and learning to read music, are all provided, free of charge.
Developed by jazz education author, long-term private teacher, and Emory University jazz saxophone instructor, Randy Hunter, these lessons teach the basics of saxophone playing with a jazz focus.
Lessons available for tenor or alto sax.
Here's what's included in the series:
1. Written instruction is provided with each lesson. Included are "Playing Exercises" and information on interpreting and understanding the new concepts introduced in each lesson. Supplemental and review exercises are also included with most lessons.
2. An MP4 video is included with each lesson. The video provides additional instruction and tips on how to practice and understand the concepts and exercises provided in each written (PDF) lesson.
3. Video demonstrations of the “Playing Exercises” are included with each lesson.
4. Lessons 3-10 each include an additional video lesson entitled “Jammin’!" These lessons provide an introduction to jazz improvisation and include play-along examples.
5. A separate play-along track (MP3) with a top notch professional rhythm section is included with Lessons 3-10, so you can have fun learning to improvise and "Jammin'" on your own.